English Language Arts CD
This Album Includes
- 10 English Language Arts songs
- 4 versions of every song to assist with learning and performance
- Lyrics (PDF)*
- Custom-made quizzes, worksheets, games, and puzzles to accompany each song (PDF)*
- * Discs contain only audio tracks. When you buy the album, we will also send you a link to download a PDF file containing lyrics, worksheets, quizzes, etc.
Parent's Choice Award Winner!
Our English language arts songs will help you teach English grammar and written literacy, and will be a huge asset to your Language Arts lesson plans. Use our Language Arts music as a resource to help students develop better writing skills, enhance reading comprehension, perfect grammar and punctuation, gain confidence in public speaking, and learn how to write poetry. The songs can be easily integrated into your curriculum. Appropriate for grades 3-12. Excellent for remedial or review work as well as ESL, ELL and students with limited English writing skills.
- Sit Down & Write teaches written literacy and writing skills including the brainstorming process and creating outlines. The song also helps with reading comprehension and gives students some ideas of professions that involve writing!
- Dots and Dashes (Punctuation) is great for teaching English grammar and punctuation rules. The song covers all basic punctuation from the period and comma to the colon and semi-colon!
- Verb Tenses covers the use of the past, present and future tenses. Through this song students will learn the simple, perfect and progressive forms of each of these tenses and how to use them appropriately!
- Parts of Speech teaches the elements of speech including the noun, verb, adverb, preposition, adjective, conjunction, pronoun, and interjection. Help your students form correct sentences with this unique educational song!
- Prefixes, Suffixes, Roots helps you teach your students about word construction. Through this song kids can learn about Latin and Greek word parts and hear examples of how they are used!
- Public Speaking helps students develop their presentation skills and learn how to give a good speech. This song can help students gain confidence and present oral reports on any subject matter!
- Figurative Language will help you teach students about literature – this song covers various elements including personification, alliteration, similes and metaphors, and more.
- Characters, Setting, Plot teaches kids about stories, their characters, and more. With this song, students will learn about setting and plot and will even learn how to write their own short stories!
- It's Non-Fiction helps with teaching essay construction and non-fiction prose. With this song, students will learn about introductions, topic sentences, conclusions, bibliographies, and more.
- Poetry (for Life) teaches kids about understanding and writing poetry. If you need help teaching rhyme, rhythm, meter, and feet, this is the song to use!